Welcome to Space 17's Blog

Welcome to our blog! We are a Year 5 and 6 classroom at Kawaha Point Primary School. We would like to share some of our learning we do at school with you. If you like what you see please leave a comment.

Space 17 2011

Tuesday 18 October 2011

The Oil Damage

I swooped down in the cold breezy wind. The point of my toes tiptoed on the ice cold water.

Suddenly Bang! I was stuck in oil. A wave reached the oily feathers on my body. The waves pushed me up on to the beginning of the dry, hard, thick sand.

As I started to lift my head up I felt homeless, hopeless, petrified and disgusted. All I could hear was waves crashing and also banging on the rocks and cans. It looked like I was in a black as black town. I felt strange…
I felt different and also I felt like it was a mysterious midnight.

I went to move my leg but strangely it wouldn’t move at all. I was scared. I tried to reach out for my Mum but I could not resist the pain of moving, when suddenly this voice called “birdy, birdy birds!” A man carefully picked me up, wrapped me in a blanket and gently washed me down. In no time I was happily flying in the sky, but very carefully this time.

By Emily

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on our blog, our teacher has to approve each comment before they are posted.