Welcome to Space 17's Blog

Welcome to our blog! We are a Year 5 and 6 classroom at Kawaha Point Primary School. We would like to share some of our learning we do at school with you. If you like what you see please leave a comment.

Space 17 2011

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Where Am I?

The golden sun shimmered on my chocolate brown nest and the early birds sang sweet melodies just like every other beautiful morning. I used these birds as a wake up alarm to get food for my family. So I got up and it was another normal day, wait a minute, what’s that honking noise? I set out to find out what it was. Oohh I should have known it’s just a boat but it’s not any ordinary boat. I will fly down and check it out. As soon as I got down to the boat I saw a tag saying R.E.N.A. The boat was on a lean and it was humongous! It also had lots of containers on it and lots of them were red.

Nooo!! One of them had oil on the top of it and I put my feet on it and it fell off into the pitch-black water. I know that’s a bit weird. Water isn’t black. Anyway I fell into the black water. I got all sticky and I couldn’t feel my feathers because they were stuck together. I didn’t know what this black stuff was but I had to get out of it.

It was mushy and gooey and I couldn’t even see because the black water was all over me and I was petrified and scared. Hey I think I know what the black water is! It is oil from the Rena ship.

Ouch, ouch it’s starting to get rocky. Argh! I can feel sand. Yahoo! I’m on shore I think. Yes, yes I can hear kids and adults. Aaahh! Someone is holding me. What? I can hear a car and it sounds like a cage shaking. Where am I? I heard a person say we are at the vets now.

What am I in? It feels like water. Mmm! I can feel and smell shampoo. Yaay! I can see now! Wow! I do smell like shampoo! Next the humans took me back out to the sea and released me back into the wild. Once I got back home I told my family everything about my day.

Hopefully no other birds got washed up in that disgusting oil like me.

By Katy

2 comments:

  1. wow thats so cool katy where did you get those awesome words

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on our blog, our teacher has to approve each comment before they are posted.